Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Tools

A makeup collection is not complete without some tools. The tools help perfect (or at least better) the makeup and make my life easier.

Ecotools
Blush brush
Foundation brush
Concealer brush
Eyeshadow brush
Eyeliner brush

Tweezerman
Lash comb
Slanted tweezer

Shiseido
Eyelash curler

Btw, if you think my foundation brush looks kinda spikey, it's 'cause I just gave it a bath and it's not dry yet. Also, the hemp brush roll you see came with the Ecotools 5-piece brush set, which includes all the brushes here except for the foundation brush. I threw away the eyebrow/lash brush since it was useless.

Since I don't plan on writing separate reviews for all of these, I'll write some brief reviews of the products here.

Ecotools: I love all my Ecotools brushes because of their softness. Plus, they're made from all synthetic fibers (as opposed to animal hair) so they are completely cruelty-free ^_^ To be honest, though, I only use the eyeliner brush and blush brush regularly since I don't put on foundation except for special occassions and I prefer to use my fingers when applying eyeshadow. Nonetheless, in my experience, all of the brushes pick up a good amount of product for application except for the eyeshadow brush, which picks up too little eyeshadow. Thus, I would suggest against using this eyeshadow brush to apply eyeshadows. I use it to pick up errant specks of eyeshadow that falls on my cheeks, though.

Tweezerman: The Tweezerman lash comb and tweezer are truly amazing. They are really easy to use and, though a bit pricey, they are a good investment to make. The tweezer is very precise and if it becomes dull, you could always get it sharpened with the Tweezerman lifetime warranty. The lash comb has metal teeth that work much better than the plastic combs in combing out any clumps of mascara in your lashes. This comb is really the key to creating lush lashes that look like lashes rather than a gob of black hairy stuff.

Shiseido Curler: The Shiseido eyelash curler is absolutely essential to my daily routine. I can live without all of my eyeshadows, liners, etc., but I would cry my eyes out if I don't have my eyelash curler (okay, maybe I'm slightly exaggerating =P). On days when I don't feel like putting on makeup, I just curl my lashes to make myself look more awake. It's seriously the fastest makeup routine once you get a hang of how to use an eyelash curler. The Shiseido curler is reputed to be one of the best for Asian eyes or eyes that have a shallower curvature, i.e., not as deep-set. Normal curlers sold in America don't fit the shape of my eyes and always pinches my skin. The Shiseido one doesn't pinch (unless my eyes are really puffy or I get too ambitious and try to curl my lashes too close to their roots) and has a good padding that gives a nice curl to the lashes instead of bending them 90 degrees. Plus, you can buy replacements for the padding when it gets old instead of having to buy a new curler. Major love for this product, I would definitely recommend getting it ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment