Wednesday, March 25, 2009

EOTDs - MJ Majolook BR751 & Kate Deep Trap Eyes GY-1

I did two eye looks today with the MJ Trick On BR Majolook on one eye and the Kate Deep Trap Eyes GY palette on the other eye. I've included schematics with the product pictures to help you visualize what I applied and where, but note that the sometimes the lines I drew aren't completely accurate. Please refer to the directions I wrote out to get the most accurate description of where each color was applied. For reference, all of the pictures were taken under natural light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MJ Trick On Majolook in BR751



(A) Gold line
(B) Gray line
(C) Brown line
(D) Pink line

1) Apply B in the crease
2) Use C to line the upper lashline, extending a little beyond the lashline and flicking up slightly
3) Use any remaining powder of C on the liner brush to line the outer 1/4 of the lower lashline
4) Apply D all over the inner 1/2 of the crease, and blending out slightly above the crease
5) Apply D to the inner 1/2 of the lower lashline
6) Apply B to the outer 1/2 of the lower lashline slightly below where the line was drawn with C and overlapping slightly with D
7) Apply A to the brow bone and the area above the crease
9) Curl lashes





The effect is an understated, warm neutral look. I only used the MJ palette and curled my lashes using the Shiseido eyelash curler in this look to give you an idea of the effect of the palette alone. Normally, I would line my eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 in Bourbon and pat D over the liner to bring out the color in D since it's not very pigmented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kate Deep Trap Eyes in GY-1


(A) Gold line
(B) Brown line
(C) Gray line
(D) Black line
(E) Peach line

1) Draw a line above the top lashline with D
2) Apply C in the lower half of the crease, smudging the line drawn with D
3) Apply B in the top half of the crease, overlapping slightly with C
4) Apply A in the lid area above the crease including the brow bone, overlapping slightly with B
5) Pat E on lightly over the center of the eye in the crease
6) Use C to line the outer half of the lower lashline, starting from the outer corner of the eye
7) Use A to line the inner 2/3 of the lower lashline, overlapping slightly with C
8) Curl lashes



You can see that this look is more pigmented and dramatic than the MJ look, but still light enough for work or just going out during the day. As with the MJ look above, I only used the Kate palette and curled my lashes. Normally, though, I would tightline with my L'Oreal Lineur Intense brown eyeliner to complete the look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please click here to read my review on this MJ quad.
Please click here to read my review on this Kate quad.

No comments:

Post a Comment