Friday, May 1, 2009

New MJ Acquisition! Trick On Majolook in BR742

As I've referenced in the last post, a very kind friend brought this quad back for me from Asia. Since I was so pleased with my last MJ Trick On Majolook, I thought I would try another color and asked my friend to get me this color while she was visiting Asia. Here is the new quad (left) with my old quad.


The packaging, lasting power, and texture of this palette is essentially the same as the other palette so I won't go into that. Please refer back to my older post if you are wondering about those characteristics. The link can be found at the end of this post.


The four colors in this quad are: a slightly blue-toned pale silver (A), a light taupe gold (B), a blackened brown liner shade (C), and a white Trick On shade with green shimmer (D). All of the colors are shimmery, with D having the most amount of shimmer, followed by A and B, and then C. The pigmentation is about medium to low, as you can perhaps deduce from both the product and swatch pictures. However, the shimmer in D is more noticeable in real life than it is in both pictures. This Trick On color really stands out among the otherwise neutral colors so the look is mostly understated but with a slight pop of color that makes the look interesting. I would describe the overall look created by this palette as woodsy and down-to-earth but with some fairy-like qualities and a streak of mischief. This quad reminds me of the wood nymphs found in Greek mythology ^^ Nonetheless, I think this palette is definitely low key enough for the office, as long as you apply the Trick On powder with a light hand.


I think the similarity and contrast between this Majolook (BR742) and my other one (BR751) is interesting since both quads have a gold and a silver combination in the top two shades but the gold is darker in this quad than the silver, whereas the silver (taupe) is darker than the gold in BR751. In addition, this quad is decidedly more cool-toned than BR751 despite both being BR quads. Also, the colors of this quad are less intense than the colors in BR751, likely because BR742 was a spring release in contrast to BR751 being a fall release.

All of the pictures for this post were taken under natural light.

In short: Another worthy purchase from MJ. Even if you already have tons of neutral eyeshadow palettes, it is unlikely that you'll find something similar to the color combination in this quad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To read about the packaging, texture, and lasting power of MJ's Trick On Majolooks or to see the review for Majolook BR751, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment