Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kate Deep Trap Eyes BR-1

Originally I was thinking of buying a Glam Trick quint for my second Kate purchase, but since the texture of the Glam Trick line is more glittery and party appropriate, it is not something that I need right now. I decided to buy another color of Kate's Deep Trap Eyes due to my great experience with GY-1 and the more understated satin texture of this line that is versatile and works well for the office. Because GY-1 is a cool-toned neutral palette, I decided to get a warm-toned palette for contrast. Here is my new Kate (right) with my old Kate...


The texture and lasting power of BR-1 is the same as GY-1, which I've already written a review on, so I won't discuss that here. Please refer back to my other review to read about those characteristics if interested (link at the end of the post).


The colors in this quint are an off-white (A), a warm medium brown (B), a neutral medium brown (C), a dark brown (D), and a silvery taupe (E). All of the colors are shimmery, the most shimmery being E, followed by A, then B and C, and finally D (basically in the order the colors were swatched). The finished look of this palette is very natural but pulled-together. If I have to describe my small collection of BR palettes with one word each, Kate would be natural, MJ BR751 would be lively, and MJ BR742 would be mischievous. So although this purchase brings my collection of Japanese BR palettes to three, the color combinations of these brown palettes are all different and there is little to no overlap in the individual colors, either.


All of the photos in this post were taken under natural light.

In short: A basic neutral quad with no surprises, pleasant or unpleasant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please click here to read the review on Kate Deep Trap Eyes GY-1.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there~

    first time commenter here.

    I agree with you (on your review of GY-1) the colors available does not attract me so much either. but the quality is real good.

    i have PU-1 which i like very much due to the nice understated look it brings. i like to do silvery pink light smoke look.

    Recently added the BR-2 into the family. it was either BR-2 or BR-1, but i chose BR-2 cuz i thought it was more natural. i love combining the green and the brown colors. the effect are very natural pretty :)

    im glad you like yours, may be i should try the GY-1 palette next :)

    /nia/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nia,

    Thank you for commenting! I've seen swatches of Deep Trap Eyes' PU-1, and it is really pretty. Since I am such a big fan of purple/lavender shadows, I may be tempted to buy it as well ^^

    Have you seen the recent release of the Deep Trap Eyes quint in GN-1? It looks pretty pigmented in swatches, and the color combination is also very nice. If you like green and brown together, you might want to check this quint out, though it may be too close to your BR-2.

    ReplyDelete