Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beaute de Kose & Paul & Joe Eye Glosses

Ever since I started following beauty blogs, I've read rave after rave of Beaute de Kose's eye gloss Eye Fantasist. I've never been a big fan of cream/liquid eyeshadows since they seem to all crease on me no matter how crease-resistant they purportedly are. Still, I was tempted to try out the Eye Fantasist line because of the gorgeous sparkles I have heard so much about. I was completely heartbroken, then, when I heard that the Beaute de Kose line was to be discontinued. Thankfully, my beautiful cousin snatched a couple up when she traveled to Asia last year and was kind enough to give one to me. This then started my collection of eye glosses from different brands.


The packaging of the Eye Fantasist line is a very cute teardrop shaped tube. Some limited edition colors also have charms attached to the tube. Within the tube is a very simple sponge tip applicator. The lasting power is excellent for liquid eyeshadows, but it still sometimes creases at the end of the day if it's hot. The color that I got was BR350.


After getting the Eye Fantasist, Paul & Joe's Eye Gloss Duo released for summer 2011 also caught my eyes. The double ended tube is decorated with the typical Paul & Joe logo flowers. Each end contains a sponge tip applicator, with the applicator on the purple end being slightly thinner. The staying power of the Paul & Joe Eye Gloss is on par with the Eye Fantasist. Similarly, I sometimes still experience creasing at the end of the day if it is hot outside. The color that I got for the Eye Gloss Duo is 03.


The two swatches on the left are for the Paul & Joe Eye Gloss and the swatch on the right is for the Eye Fantasist. I would describe the P&J colors as a cool silvery lilac and a cool light pink. The shimmers in the pink color are fairly chunky so you can definitely see the individual pieces. The lilac has more of a metallic texture with very fine shimmers and more color pay off. I like using the lilac for an office-appropriate look, but the pink is a little too loud for a conservative work environment.

The color of the Eye Fantasist is a slightly purple red-tinged brown. This Eye Fantasist has more sparkles in different sizes than either color in the P&J eye gloss and the color is also more complex. Like the pink in the P&J eye gloss, this Eye Fantasist is not appropriate for the office, but it is a truly gorgeous color that can be used during the day or for a night out. Currently, it's my favorite out of the three shown in this post ^_^

All pictures in this post were taken under natural light.

In short: If you like sparkles and liquid eyeshadows, the P&J Eye Gloss Duo is something you shouldn't miss out on. As the ultimate queen in sparkle-dom, you should also snatch up some Beaute de Kose Eye Fantasist if there are any left in stock in your area. Beware that both eye gloss products are pretty pricey though.

No comments:

Post a Comment