Friday, February 11, 2011

Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #2: HG Status?

NARS Orgasm was my holy grail blush for a while because of the natural flush it imparted. However, when my face started breaking out more often last summer, I found that I needed a more low key blush than Orgasm so that I don't draw attention to my pimples. After reading up on various blogs, I settled with trying out Giorgio Armani's Sheer Blush #2, and I have not looked back since.


The packaging for GA's Sheer Blush is a black cardboard box that looks very eco-friendly. The case for the actual blush is a matte plastic case that exudes a certain class and status. The lack of any decoration and the subtle contouring of the simple round shape screams Giorgio Armani to me.


The color of #2 is a very pale peachy nude pink. The color is extremely sheer, but it is buildable to a noticeable degree. The great thing that I love about this blush is that no matter how heavy-handed you are, it is impossible to make this blush look garish. For darker skinned girls out there, this is probably not the best blush for you because it is so sheer and light. It is, however, HG stuff for pale-skinned ladies who find that they often over apply their blush.


Although the blush looks matte from the pictures I saw online, it is actually very slightly shimmery. The level of shimmer is nothing compared to the amount in NARS Orgasm, but the fine shimmer here still gives my skin a certain glowiness when applied. I've found that this blush is probably the longest lasting blush that I have tried to date (I haven't tried that many blushes, just NARS and L'Oreal) and the powder is also the finest and smoothest.

All pictures were taken under natural light.

In short: I love Giorgio Armani's blush! It's not for you if you need/like highly pigmented blush, but this is perfect for pale to light skinned gals looking for an everyday blush. That is, if you don't mind the price...

No comments:

Post a Comment