Monday, July 26, 2010

Fyrinnae - Round 3

More Fyrinnae! This batch I bought last month so I remember more about the different colors. There's actually a few more that I bought in the same shipment, but because the pictures didn't turn out well for those, I'll be reviewing the remaining colors later.


The star of this batch (for me) is Fire Opal. It's a very interesting blend of sooty gray with copper shimmer. I don't know what an actual fire opal looks like, but the color reminds me of embers from a bonfire or campfire. I also really love Platinum, Starfish, and Sake & Sashimi. Platinum is like a whitened pewter half way between silver and a champagne gold. Starfish is not as unique at first glance, but it is a mauve with gold shimmer that looks slightly coppery when applied. Sake & Sashimi is a tree-bark-colored brown with fine green shimmers. I have no idea why they named it Sake & Sashimi, but the color evokes an imagery of ancient forests for me. The other colors are also gorgeous, but I'll stop babbling ^_^

Here are more pictures under direct sunlight (so you can see the sparkles ^^):


Pictures under indirect sunlight:


Note that I couldn't all of the colors to show up true to life in all of the pictures. Tasmanian Devil looks a bit more pink in reall life, and Android Angel is a very cool purple and not as blue as it appears here. Also, Changeling is a very very dark purpley plum color despite the purple-ness not showing up well in the pictures.

All pictures were taken under natural light.

In short: Fyrinnae is a great go-to store for unique eyeshadow colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment