Thursday, April 8, 2010

MJ Trick On Majolook GR750: Japanese Drugstore Mini-Haul Part I

I recently purchased two Japanese drugstore palettes that were released a while back, and I'm happy to say that I love both! There is really no surprise that I would like the MJ Majolook GR750 since I've already tried it at a friend's house, but I'm still happy to finally receive my own palette. I was doubtful of getting it before I've seen it in person due to the mix reviews online. Many beauty bloggers love its unique combination of colors, but an equal number of reviewers mention that it's an easy combination to mess up due to the high probability of the colors looking dirty/murky. However, once that I've found that I don't have a problem with the color combo being dirty on me, it became a must-have.


As with all of the Trick On Majolooks, the packaging is very cute but not overly princessy. The applicators are the best as always, and the powder eyeshadow is soft and pigmented. This is an aside, but I'm really disappointed in the packaging and powder quality of the new line of MJ eyeshadow palettes first released for spring 2009. I hope MJ comes back to the Trick On line soon!


The colors in this palette are a soft nude/buff, a medium olive green, a dark denim/navy black, and a vanilla Trick On color that flashes champagne gold. The "murkiness" that a number of reviewer have mentioned seems to happen if you try to blend the olive green with the navy black. So as long as you use the navy black strictly for lining and don't blend the color upwards to mix with the olive green, there should be no problem. Another option that works well on me is the navy black on the top lid with the two lighter colors and the olive green lining the lower eyelid. Even though the color combination seems rather bold, it is actually very office appropriate if you keep the colors subtle. The end result is a city-sophisticated, fashionable look.


All pictures in this post were taken under natural light.

In short: If you are a fan of the city-cool look and love unique color combinations in your eyeshadow palettes, then this may be the item for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my review on a couple of the Majolica Majorca Shadow Customize and the Majolook BR751, please read here.

For the review on Majolook BR742, please see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment