Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shiseido Perfect Rouge

I've been eyeing these lipsticks since Shiseido started their marketing campaign. The red lipstick on the model in the ad looked absolutely stunning, so I was really drawn to this product even though I'm not big on red lips. I finally got a chance to check them out on Monday, and I caved in to buying two after trying them on.


I really like the color and design of Shiseido The Makeup products; they always look very sleek, sophisticated, and modern. Since I'm paying so much for the product, it comforts me somewhat to see that the product looks pretty =P

You may have already noticed, but I didn't own any lipstick prior to buying these new Shiseido ones. I just don't like using lipsticks because most are too drying for me, even over lipbalm. However, this is not the case with Perfect Rouge. They are fairly moisturizing, though I still have to apply lip balm to my lips beforehand. The coverage is medium to full if you just apply the lipstick directly to your lips, but I like to use my fingers to apply it in sheerer layers. I haven't done a rigorous test on the lasting power of these lipsticks, but it seems that they can last a while as long as I don't eat or talk too much (e.g., giving a lecture).


Since I never wear bright red lipstick like in the ad and I'm lacking something that can tone down my easily-flushed lips, I went to the department store counter with getting a nude lipcolor in mind. The two colors that I ended up with are BE109 Spiced Cream and PK307 Tourmaline. BE109 is really a true nude color on me. I was amazed at how nude and good it looked when the sales rep at the counter put it on me. However, when I tried it on at home, it seems to be less opaque, probably because I don't use lipliner, whereas the Shiseido sales rep did use a lipliner before he applied the lipstick on me.

Similarly, PK307 didn't look quite the same on me at the counter and at home. I caved into this unexpected purchase since it really brightened up my face when the Shiseido rep applied it on me at the counter (also over a lipliner). However, it looked brighter than I would like when I tried it on again at home. Still, the effect is pretty if I just apply a sheer layer or if I apply a little bit of BE109 over the PK307. The color is what I would call fuschia, basically a medium-toned bright pink.


In short: The lipsticks are moisturizing, offer sheer to full coverage based on your application method, and last fairly well. I would consider buying BE109 again if I run out, but I'm not sure PK307 works perfectly with my complexion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please click here to see swatches of the lipsticks on my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment