Friday, July 10, 2009

Random Thoughts & Current Favorites

Lately, I've been wondering why I ever bothered to purchase any single eyeshadows or any non-neutral eyeshadow palettes. Actually, I know why I bought the shadows, but I've just been beating myself over the head for falling for them when I knew I was not going to use them very often. I've never been the most creative or daring person when it comes to makeup, but ever since I started working and applying makeup daily, I've finally realized the extent of my laziness + lack of creativity. Even though I love most of my single eyeshadows, as well as my gorgeous Shu and Dior palettes, all of those items require some thought to pull together a nice eye look that's still office appropriate. Similarly, I absolutely adore my Lavshuca palettes, particularly for the sparkle shades, but sadly, sparkle is definitely not office-appropriate. If I went out clubbing often, then perhaps I could justify my purchases by using them then, but I'm not a big party person ^^"' I suppose I'll just need to come to terms with the fact that some of my eyeshadow palettes will just sit in my drawer so I can take them out and admire them every once in a while. Plus, I can still comfort myself with the fact that at least I'm only obsessed with eyeshadows and nothing else =P

Speaking of how often I use my eyeshadow palettes, I'd like to mention that I'm really loving my two MJ Majolooks. They are truly the perfect medium between plain neutral palettes (Kate Deep Trap Eyes) and sparkly party palettes (Lavshuca Eye Color Select). Both of the Majolooks I own are BR (brown) palettes, but they each have a non-neutral color to nicely break up the monotony while still keeping things office-appropriate. Plus, the pigmentation is strong enough so that you can see the colors, but not so strong that I look really made-up, and the silky texture is really department store-worthy. Anyhow, consider this a commemorative post for my current favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment